BOMA LOCAL, STATE, NATIONAL
Advocacy – BOMA is the leader in commercial real estate advocacy keeping members abreast of key legislative, regulatory, and codes and standards issues at both the national and state level.
Federal Legislative & Regulatory Issues
- National Energy Policy
- Banks in Real Estate
- Capital Gains Tax Cut/Elimination
- Catastrophe Insurance
- Endangered Species Act
- Fire Sprinkler Incentive Act
- Leasehold Depreciation
- Automated External Defibrillators
- Telecommunications/Forced Building Entry
- Terrorism Insurance
Codes & Standards Issues
- Accessibility Codes & Standards
- ICC-International Codes
- Window Cleaning Safety Standard – IWCA 1-14.1
- NFPA Building Code
Other Industry Issues
- Abandoned Cable
- Association Health Plans
- Green Buildings/Sustainability
- Preserving a Democratic Workplace
- Indoor Air Quality
- The USA PATRIOT Act and Executive Order 13224
- Security and Emergency Preparedness
- Smoking in Office Building
- Education – BOMA University provides a wealth of knowledge and solutions, in a variety of media. You can learn in traditional classroom settings, or you can learn at your desk, via audio seminars or e-Seminars, our newest educational offerings. BOMA also offers customized education, designed specifically to meet your organization’s training needs. For more information, please visit our Education pages or call our Education Hotline at (202) 326-6331.
Research – BOMA International collects and disseminates timely and critical research and information to the office building industry. BOMA’s research department produces and publishes a number of industry benchmark publications including: annual Experience Exchange Report, Pulse surveys, Telecom surveys for owners and tenants, and much more!
Inclusive Membership – Networking opportunities are another key element of BOMA membership through monthly luncheons and programs offered through BOMA local associations, or by participation in the BOMA International Annual Conference & Office Building Show or Winter business meeting. BOMA offers a global marketplace through affiliation with Australia, Brazil, Finland, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, the Philippines and South Africa.
Information – Other key benefits and sources of knowledge and information for BOMA members through The BOMA Magazine, bi-weekly Currents and Up-to-Code, quarterly codes updates. In addition, members receive discounts on publications, seminars and other BOMA sponsored programs.